Copyright © Janice Tracy, Mississippi Memories

Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Fishermen


This is yet another picture from my grandmother's photo album with people pictured whom I cannot identify. I know of no one in my family who was a priest. The picture is an interesting one, because it appears the priest is attempting to show the child how to fish using a rod and reel, and the serious look on the child's face shows that he was intently focused on the task at had.

The picture was likely taken during the 1950's, based on the haircut and his clothing. Written on the back of the picture is "James Porter" and "Mrs. J. J. Porter."

The only clue I have regarding the identity of the priest is that I do remember my grandmother telling me about someone from the Mahaffey family in Attala County who entered the priesthood.

Please let me know if you can help me identify the individuals in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment