Copyright © Janice Tracy, Mississippi Memories

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mr. and Mrs. Moreau of Cleburne, Texas

This is an "orphan" photograph. Actually, it is an original picture postcard that I found in my grandmother's photo album. On the side used for mailing is written "Mr. and Mrs. Moreau, Clebourne, TX." The postcard was never mailed, unless it was inside an envelope.

The couple in the picture remain a mystery to me and to my other living family members. First, we don't recognize the name "Moreau" as the name of anyone in our family tree. The fact that "Clebourne, Texas" is written on the reverse of the card, however, may tie Mr. and Mrs. Moreau to the second family of James Monroe Porter, my great-greatgrandfather, since that family left Attala County, Mississippi and settled near Cleburne, Texas (current spelling) after he died.

The picture postcard, now about one hundred years old, is a priceless family treasure that should be in the hands of the descendants of Mr. and Mrs. Moreau.

Maybe someone who reads this post can help make that happen. I sincerely hope so.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you solve the mystery! Have you tried the surname boards at Ancestry.com to see if anyone is looking for them? Who knows, they could be related and maybe you can make a connection. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice, I found your post this morning and read it with interest. I'll do some investigating and see what I can undercover. I'd love to write a post about the Moreaus of Cleburne, Texas. It is so close to Hood County and I go there so often, I'd be happy to look into this.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete