Copyright © Janice Tracy, Mississippi Memories

Tuesday, June 23, 2009


First, I want to publicly thank Judith Richards Schubert, who writes Genealogy Traces, Tennessee Memories, Cemeteries With Texas Ties, Cemeteries of the Covered Bridges, and Food Gratitude, for so graciously bestowing the Janice Brown Puckerbrush Blog Award for Excellence on this blogger. I would like to add here that Judy Schubert was, indeed, a worthy recipient of this award.

And in the same breath, I want to openly apologize to Judy for taking so long to write a post that acknowledges that she passed this award on to me. Thank you, Judy, for honoring me with this still very new award. And now I will inject a little blogger history - about Judy, that is. Judy and I first met as new members of the GeneaBloggers on Facebook group shortly after we each joined the group. She and I share at least one blogger similarity in that we write family history posts about a state other than the one in which we live - in Judy's case, the blog is Tennessee Memories.

The Janice Brown Puckerbrush Blogger Award for Excellence was developed a few months ago by Terry Thornton who writes Hill Country of Monroe County, Mississippi, when he first bestowed the award on its namesake, Janice Brown, author of Cow Hampshire. The award's name refers to a posting by Janice on August 27, 2007, explaining the word "puckerbrush."

In his post bestowing the first set of awards to ten bloggers, Terry Thornton issued a challenge to those on his list to pass the award on to ten more bloggers who had influenced their writing, all done as a "
tribute to Janice."

Since I have taken so long to publicly acknowledge receiving the award from Judy (I did thank Judy personally, however, as soon as I received her note advising me of the award), I seriously doubt that I will be sending the award to many bloggers who have not already received it. If you have received this award from someone else already, please do accept it again, in keeping with the tribute to Janice Brown.

Now for my
Top Ten List:

1. Terry Thornton at Hill Country of Monroe County, Mississippi

2. Judith Richards Schubert for
all your blogs. And yes, you continue to influence me!

3. Thomas McEntee at Destination: Austin Family

4. Randy Seaver at Genea-Musings

5. FootnoteMaven and Shades of the Departed

6. Jasia at Creative Gene

7. Becky Wiseman at Kinexxions

8. Dear Myrtle

9. Mona Robinson Mills at Itawamba Connections

10. Vickie Everhart at BeNotForgot

And in closing, I would like to say a special "Thank You" to all the dedicated geneabloggers on this list for writing interesting, informative, and well-researched posts. You are truly an inspiration to bloggers everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. Janice

    Thanks for the award for Destination: Austin Family! You run a great blog and I've enjoyed your posts!

    Thomas MacEntee
    GeneaBloggers

    ReplyDelete