Copyright © Janice Tracy, Mississippi Memories

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Did You Watch "Who Do You Think You Are?"

Yes, I did watch the show when it aired last Friday evening on NBC, and I plan to watch additional episodes that will air during the next few weeks. I thought the search for Sarah Jessica Parker's ancestors was an amazing one.

The show, I am certain, will draw others into the search for their own roots.

While I watched Sara Jessica Parker's coast-to-coast search for details about family members she had never known, the following quote came to mind:

In all of us there is a hunger, marrow deep, to know our heritage--

to know who we are and where we came from.

Without this enriching knowledge, there is a hollow yearning.

No matter what our attainments in life,

there is still a vacuum, an emptiness,

and the most disquieting loneliness.

-Alex Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment