Copyright © Janice Tracy, Mississippi Memories

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ragland Family Book

Thanks to a little internet research, I have discovered Charles Ragland's book, entitled "The Raglands:  The History of a British American Family," that traces that family's origins back to England.  Actually the book is two volumes and can be found in most genealogy libraries.  According to what I have read so far, the book traces the lineage of the Ragland family in America through Evan Ragland, the emigrant.  Now I need to locate a copy to read more about the "Mississippi Raglands, " William Ragland, Jr., Joseph Ragland, and John Ragland (Winiford Ragland's father, and my ancestor.)  More later......

1 comment:

  1. I have both volumes of The Raglands: The History of a British American Family by Charles Ragland (both in paper copy and in .pdf files).

    If you haven't already secured them from else where, contact me at

    Brian C. Ragland
    Chester, Virginia